Saturday, November 12, 2011

"ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE", an Occupational Hazard

We're finishing dinner, and Rob is making assignments for cleaning up. Weekends are like that. During the week we have most everything assigned out, but not on the weekend. Rob or I (I prefer the former) just makes assignments.

Then tonight Rob asked me to take the trash out, and I was stumped. "ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE," was all I could think of. Slowly my tired brain finally figured out that I was supposed to pull the bag out of the overflowing kitchen trash, take it out to the garbage barrel (our lovely new one!) and put in a new bag. But then I wanted to know why it took me so long to process that simple instruction. The answer was . . . simple. I don't take the trash out. I very often assist my kids in the job, but I can't remember the last time it was my job.

A wise woman once told a group of homeschooling moms, "If you're still doing housework, you've missed your promotion."

Thanks, Dear, for the refresher course in following the instruction to "take out the trash" so I can avoid this "ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE" occupational hazard in the future.

But this occupational hazard is one I hope all of my fellow homeschooling moms (and otherwise) face. And yes, kids, it really is that hard for mom to do it! Really.

2 comments:

Keelee said...

Loved it!! Oh the easy life of being a homeschool mom!! Laughed out loud!! :0) Laughing out loud!!!

Anonymous said...

Only lazy moms home school.