Sunday, October 7, 2012

And?


Lots of people may be wondering what we’ve been up to. I hope to post a slideshow soon to show you. But I also really loved this blog post by Seth Godin. So partly for my own record of it, here it is:
Waiting for all the facts"I'm just going to wait until all the facts are in..."All the facts are never in. We don't have all the facts on the sinking of the Titanic, on the efficacy of social media or on whether dogs make good house pets. We don't have all the facts on hybrid tomatoes, global warming or the demise of the industrial age, either.
The real question isn't whether you have all the facts. The real question is, "do I know enough to make a useful decision?" (and no decision is still a decision).If you don't, then the follow up question is, "What would I need to know, what fact would I need to see, before I take action?"If you can't answer that, then you're not actually waiting for all the facts to come in.
We’re not making any decisions other than that we’re here with Grandma and Grandpa Beckstrand in Panaca, NV through the semester for Ema and Anne who are in school part time (Seminary & band) and full time respectively. I’m working for Ashford University grading papers, and Rob’s still looking for work. But when we do get more facts worth making a decision on, we’ll let you know!
~vbb

No comments: