Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MATH: Dollars and Sense

I'm sure that if I took the time to count all of the math programs we have used, it would be a big number. And if we count the ones I wanted to use but didn't have the money to purchase, it would be a bigger number.

We finally settled on Math U See. The older girls have finished the books they were working on and since we don't have the money to purchase the next level, I finally got around to preparing some Timed Math Drills that I got from my neighbor for almost nothing. They love them! They set a timer or just start the stop watch and away they go. The worst part for me is having to check them, usually 100 problems/sheet.

We'll see how long it lasts, but if they can get the facts down, we'll just jump into Saxon 54. BTW I still like Math U See for beginning math. Beca is amazing!

But when my dollars ran out, sense took over and gave us an amazing solution! Best wishes to everyone else when faced with an educational quandary!

No comments: